Wednesday 15 February 2017

Catch a Star by Tamika Catchings

Growing up, Tamika Catchings suffered from profound hearing loss, bullying, and anguish of her parents' divorce. But she wasn't about to allow those challenges to determine her destiny. Through perseverance and God's grace, Tamika became one of the top female basketball players of all time.

Catch a Star is her story of overcoming. Of leading the Indiana Fever to its first championship. Of being named one of the WNBA's top fifteen players in history. Of earning three Olympic gold medals. And of founding the Catch the Stars Foundation to help young people achieve their dreams.

Her story will inspire you to face your doubts and fears and reach for your own dream, no matter what challenges come your way.

Review: I have a cousin who is passionate about basketball. I myself know next to nothing about the game except that you are supposed to get the ball in the opposing team's basket. However, when I saw the cover of this book I was inspired to read it, due to my cousin's intense interest in the sport, despite the fact that I personally know nothing about it.

Even being a non-basketball person, I really appreciated reading the commitment and determination within these pages. Tamika had some pretty daunting setbacks to overcome throughout her childhood that for many people would have certainly prevented them from becoming great. Tamika, however, rose above all those struggles and pushed herself hard and achieved many great things.

This book is inspiring and can be enjoyed even if you know nothing about basketball, like me.

Thank-you to Graf Martin Communications and Baker Publishing Group for a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment