Sunday 6 July 2014

Shadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Back Cover:

This is a story about BLOOD. 
And love. 
And the many things that lie between.

By her father's wish, Lady Daylily is betrothed to the Prince of Southlands. Not the prince she loves, handsome and dispossessed Lionheart, but his cousin, the awkward the foolish Prince Foxbrush. As her wedding day dawns, Daylily flees into the dangerous Wilderlands, her only desire to vanish from living memory.

But Foxbrush, determined to rescue his betrothed, pursues Daylily into a new world of magic and peril, a world where vicious Faerie beasts hold sway, a world invaded by a lethal parasite.

A world that is hauntingly familiar.


Review: I have been waiting all year for this book. Since reading "Dragonwitch" last summer I have been thoroughly hooked on this series. I had no sooner flipped the last page of Dragonwitch when I was on the phone to our local bookstore to order my own copies of Heartless, Veiled Rose, Moonblood, and Starflower. This series, "Tales of Goldstone Wood" are fantastic in their imagination, brilliant in their character development, and completely consuming. Once I pick up one of these books I can't put it down until I finish it.

As with previous books in this series, the clashes between complete evil and valiant, heroic good are epic. The plot, forever twisting, kept me guessing throughout the entire book. This book is for those familiar with the Goldstone Wood series…I would highly recommend starting at the beginning of the series and reading those books first. I can guarantee an enjoyable read through all six books. This series is wonderful - if you are a fan of fantasy you will love all these books.

There are so many old questions answered in this book. The origins of Cren Cru - the wickedly disturbing villain of previous stories. You find out more about Lionheart, what happened to Suneagle, and why the romance with Eanrin and Imraldera is so…confusing…and more.

A wonderful book. I can't wait for the next one!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Bethany House and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from BakerBooks, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments:

Post a Comment